In support of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber Security Division under the newly created Cyber and Infrastructure Security Agency, VancePoint provides specialized security services to support the Department’s critical cyber programs. The National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS), also known as the EINSTEIN set of capabilities, is an integrated system of intrusion detection, analytics, intrusion prevention, and information sharing capabilities that defend the federal executive branch civilian government’s IT infrastructure from cyber threats. The Enhanced Cybersecurity Services (ECS) program is a key avenue through which DHS fulfills its mission to protect U.S. based public and private entities from cybersecurity threats. ECS provides intrusion prevention capabilities that help U.S.-based companies protect their computer systems against unauthorized access, exploitation, and data exfiltration.
In support of these efforts, our System Architect will design and develop reference security architectures and implementations of existing and/or proposed security systems to test tools, techniques, and processes for the protection of government information. This position will provide a common vocabulary with which to discuss implementations, with the aim to encourage commonality among implementers and/or service providers. Must have excellent systems documentation and architecture diagram skills with thorough understanding of systems architecture, engineering, administration, configuration, and security procedures.
The System Architect shall maintain and enhance architecture plans and procedures for CSD sponsored programs. The System Architect will develop enterprise and project architecture artifacts and template solutions for developers and service providers to use as references for the design and implementation of capabilities. The System Architect develops template solutions for developers and service providers to use as references architectures for the design and implementation of capabilities.
The System Architect will provide system documentation and architecture diagram skills in system architecture, engineering, administration, configuration, and security procedures, including:
· Maintaining and enhancing architecture plans and procedures for CSD sponsored programs and support program’s architecture databases.
· Leading development of enterprise/project architecture artifacts, support the program’s architecture databases and build security reference implementation documentation.
· Bachelor’s degree required and 5+ years of experience with proven experience as a Security Architect or Enterprise Architect with related focus
· Experience with DoDAF (AV/CV/OV/SV/Etc.), TOGAF, FEA
· Experience with commercial Cloud service design and delivery
· Familiarity with NIST 800 series
· Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
· Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
· A U.S. Government TS/SCI security clearance – must be a US Citizen.
· DHS EOD or Suitability
· Certifications such as CISSP or related
· Risk Management Framework, Ethical Hacking, ISSO experience