Computer Network SME
In support of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber Security Division under the newly created Cyber and Infrastructure Security Agency, VancePoint provides specialized security services to support the Department’s critical cyber programs. The National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS), also known as the EINSTEIN set of capabilities, is an integrated system of intrusion detection, analytics, intrusion prevention, and information sharing capabilities that defend the federal executive branch civilian government’s IT infrastructure from cyber threats. The Enhanced Cybersecurity Services (ECS) program is a key avenue through which DHS fulfills its mission to protect U.S. based public and private entities from cybersecurity threats. ECS provides intrusion prevention capabilities that help U.S.-based companies protect their computer systems against unauthorized access, exploitation, and data exfiltration.
In support of these efforts, our Computer Network SME:
· provides technical subject matter expertise to support research and/or studies related to information systems and analysis of data for the ECS Program Management Office (PMO).
· Compares and contrasts the benefits and drawbacks of DHS classified systems with those of other systems.
· Attends meetings with DHS and non-DHS personnel and provides notes detailing configurations/architectures/security requirements and how systems could help augment DHS information sharing goals.
Duties will include:
· Performing a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for network equipment.
· Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
· Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices.
· Setup proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s and train team members.
· Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
· Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
· Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies, and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
· Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
· Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions.
· Interface with vendors for procurement and maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
· Bachelor’s degree, Technical Certification and 1+ years of experience in Cybersecurity, Computer Networks or related field and experience
· Knowledge of Government security requirements, processes and procedures
· Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· A U.S. Government TS/SCI security clearance.
· DHS EOD or Suitability